Check back periodically to see our helpful fitness tips that are sure to keep you progressing on your fitness journey!
The plank exercise is highly ranked and is a great way to build endurance in both the abs and back, as well as the stabilizer muscles.
This move is also great for building strength for pushups, an exercise that requires quite a bit of core strength.
- Lie face down on mat resting on the forearms, palms flat on the floor.
- Push off the floor, raising up onto toes and resting on the elbows.
- Keep your back flat, in a straight line from head to heels.
- Tilt your pelvis and contract your abdominals to prevent your rear end from sticking up in the air or sagging in the middle.
- Hold for 20 to 60 seconds, lower and repeat for 3-5 reps.
To perform a standard burpee, begin in a standing position. From there, bend your legs to a squatting position and place your hands beside your feet, shoulder width apart. Thrust both your feet out behind you and land in the push-up position so that your body is straight, your arms are straight and your core is tight. Jump your feet back to your hands, then straighten your body, finishing with an upright jump. That is a single repetition of a burpee.
Burpees Exercises - A Full Body Exercise To Lose Fat
The burpees exercise is a simple exercise that only requires your body and nothing else. There is no need to use equipment, yet it gives you cardio and strength training benefits like very few other exercises can. Here you will find a sample workout using burpees.
In order to do a burpee you have to follow this sequence:
- Begin in a shoulder wide stance
- Quickly move in to a squat and crouching position with your hands on the floor
- Kick your feet back in to a push up position and perform a push up
- Bring your legs in together at the same time back in to the crouching position
- Explode up and jump as high as you can (similar to a bodyweight jump squat) •Land in the same shoulder wide stance
- This completes one repetition
Note: the movement should be done without stopping and each repetition is performed non-stop, moving from one repetition to the next.
Concentrated Bicep curl - Have a seat on a workout bench or chair. Separate your legs equal length apart. Grab a dumbbell (any size that suits you), and then lower your arm about 3/4 of the way down. DO NOT HYPER EXTEND YOUR ARM! pull your arm back up slowly but in good form, do not sacrifice form...this can cause injury to your elbow and possibly your muscle. This is a fantastic exercise to build your bicep muscles.
Superman - The Superman exercise allows the strengthening of all back muscles, legs, glutes arms and abdominals.
This exercise coordinates the muscles to work together and helps target specific muscle groups that may be weak.
Lunge Press - Targets: Shoulders, arms, abs, oblique's, butt, and legs
- Stand with feet hip - width apart, holding medicine ball with both hands in front of chest, elbows bent by sides.
- Lunge back with right leg and rotate torso to right, then back to center.
- Lie face up on floor with knees bent, heels on floor, holding medicine ball with both hands in front of chest, elbows bent by sides. Slowly sit up, keeping abs engaged.