Mango-Peach Smoothie: 1 peach, 1 mango, half cup almond milk, half cup orange juice (105 cal.)
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie: 2 bananas, 2 cups almond milk, half cup peanut butter/almond butter, 2 table spoons honey/agave, 2 cups ice (335 cal.)
Avocado Blueberry Smoothie: 1 cup blueberries, 6 oz. plain Greek yogurt, half cup almond milk, half cup water, 1/4 avocado diced (297 cal.)
Groovy Green Smoothie: 1 banana, 1 cup grapes, 6 oz. vanilla Greek yogurt, 1/2 apple, 1 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves (205 cal.)
Iced Mocha Fusion Shake: 3/4 cup almond milk, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 3 tbsp mocha flavored instant coffee, 1 cup ice (260 cal.)
Banana Carrot Smoothie: 1 banana (frozen desired), 1 cup apples juice (or apple slices and water), 1-2 cups baby carrots chopped, 1 cup plain non fat yogurt
Banana Oatmeal Protein Shake: 1 medium banana, 1 Tbsp peanut butter, 1 Tbsp flax seed, 1/4 cup oatmeal, 1 cup soy milk/almond milk, 1 cup ice, 1 scoop protein powder
Purple Mango: 1 cup frozen chopped mango, 3/4 cup frozen black & blue berries, 1 cup orange juice, 3/4 cup non fat yogurt, 2 tsp honey/agave (optional)
Everything Smoothie: 6 baby carrots, spinach, 1 banana, 2 cups frozen mixed fruits, 6 oz. peach yogurt, 6 oz. orange juice, ice
Have you ever been bored or uninspired while trying to make a nutritionally sound meal? Check out or Recipe corner for great tips on how to turn basic meals into delicious entrees.
Lemon Salmon BurgersMakes: 1
- (16 ounce) can salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green & red peppers
- 1/4 cup whole wheat seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of greek yougurt dip
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch dried basil
- In a medium bowl, mix together the salmon, egg whites, parsley, onion, whole wheat breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of basil, and red pepper flakes. Form into 6 firmly packed patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray with non stick spray, add the patties, and cook for 4 minutes per side, or until nicely browned.
- In a small bowl, mix together the greek yogurt dip, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and a pinch of basil. Use as a sauce for your patties.
Nutritional Information Amount Per Serving Calories: 192 | Total Fat: 9.7g | Cholesterol: 103mg
Grilled Chicken BurgersMakes: 8 servings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/4 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Hamburger Seasoning
- A dash of Sea Salt for taste
- Black Pepper for taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
- Lightly spray a saute pan with cooking or oil spray over medium heat. Saute the onion with the garlic first, then the bell pepper, then the mushrooms, tomatoes and carrots, all to desired tenderness. Set aside and allow all vegetables to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken and vegetables. Add bread crumbs and seasonings to taste. Mix all together well and form into 8 patties.
- Grill over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or to desired doneness
Lentils & Veggie SoupServes 6
Cook Time 8 hours
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups carrots
- 2 1/2 cups green lentils (cooked)
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 2 onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 6 cups reduced sodium organic chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Place potatoes, carrots, lentils, peppers, mushrooms, onions, garlic, tomatoes and broth in slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, add Italian seasoning. Reduce heat to low and cook 7 hours.
- Turn off heat, season with lemon juice.
Very Veggie BurgersServes 4
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 tbsp. unsalted butter or EVOO cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup copped onions
- 2 cups of mushrooms
- 1 can of black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1/2 cup bell peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 3/4 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of almond milk (to bind)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat, add mushrooms and 1 cup of onion. Cook 15-20 minutes until brown & caramelized.
- Mash beans w fork in mixing bowl until pasty.
- Finely chop peppers, garlic and ½ cup onion and mix into mashed beans.
- Mix milk, salt, chili sauce and bread crumbs into bean mixture until it binds. Add a bit more bread crumb if needed. (Make 4 patties)
- Bake patties on baking sheets in oven for 8 minutes on each side or until firm.